1. Order your coffee online
2. Choose a school and we will donate 15% of your order to it.
3. We will ship the coffee directly to your door.
1. LOCAL COMMUNITIES
2. WORLDWIDE FARMERS
3. THE ENVIRONMENT
We are built on these three principles:
We donate 15% of every sale directly to the school or non-profit of your choice.You see how much the donation is in your checkout. We use a third party to collect the money and send it to your cause. This ensures that the donations are fully transparent and auditable.
All our coffee is ethically sourced even if it isn’t indicated by a specific certification. The coffee industry has a history of using underpaid and even using forced labor abroad to cultivate and harvest its products. There is a growing awareness among consumers of the injustices built into our food system and many independent coffee roasters, including Salty Sailor Coffee Co, are changing the face of the industry, by practicing ethical sourcing so that our relationship with the coffee farmers is mutually beneficial and environmentally friendly.
We work with farmers that are as committed to the environment as we are. We believe that we can help change the world if we focus on how our products are grown, how they are harvested, and how they are processed. We believe that nature is a precious resource that requires love, understanding, and balance in our approach to how we co-exist with her. That’s why we source organically grown coffee, eliminate chemicals in our processing, and replenish the earth through a tree donation with each purchase.
Project coordinators are volunteers tied to a specific school or non-profit that works with organizational leadership to establish and scale the organizations fundraising effort.
1. Each approved coordinator receives a welcome package of materials designed to help them create a successful, long-term fundraiser for their school or organization - of course we include a sample of our coffee so you can taste it first! We believe the product speaks for itself!
2. Ability to influence project direction
3. Access to private Facebook group for inside information, polls, coffee education, and tips for maximizing fundraising
4. Access to special events that help promote the project goals and teach about the products (meet the team, Q&A, tasting events, general coffee education)
5. Ability to earn custom rewards for individuals and organizations based on sales thresholds