Do you know what single origin coffee is?
What Is Single Origin Coffee and 10 Reasons Why You Should Drink It
Do you love coffee? If so, you should try single origin coffee. This type of coffee is special because it comes from a single geographic location - a single farm, area, or region. Single origin coffees are considered to be higher quality than blends (coffee made with a combination of beans sourced from more than one area or region). In this blog post, we will discuss the top 10 reasons why you should drink it!
There are many reasons to drink single origin coffees. Here are the top ten:
- They are of a higher quality, since they are sourced from a single location, similar to wine made from a specific, single varietal of grape, such as Merlot or Zinfandel, being considered higher quality than a "red blend."
- They have more distinctive flavors because they are not blended with other beans.
- You can trace the coffee back to its source, which is an important principle in consuming socially- and environmentally-responsibly grown/sourced coffee.
- Single origin coffees are often considered more exclusive.
- They are typically grown in smaller batches, which means you are likely supporting a micro-farmer by consuming them Drinking single origin coffee also supports the local community or region from which the beans are sourced.
- Single origin farmers can charge a more fair price for their higher-demand, lower-supply product, and healthier profits for small coffee farmers leads to safer working conditions and better economic prosperity for their communities.
- When you drink single origin coffee, you are guaranteed to get a unique flavor that you cannot find anywhere elsewhere.
- Single origin coffees are becoming more and more popular, which means you can find them at many different cafes and restaurants.
- You can experience the specific "tastes" of a particular area or region without leaving the comfort of your home.
- You can purchase at least ten different single origin varieties from The Great Coffee Project Shop today!
If you have never tried single origin coffee before, we highly recommend that you do. It is an experience that you will not forget any time soon! Cheers!