Cold Brew is Perfect for Summer
Top 5 Reasons to Try Cold Brew Coffee This Summer + How to Make the Most of It
Dummer has finally arrived! And with it, all sorts of fun activities to enjoy the warm weather. But for coffee lovers, there's another great reason to get excited about summertime: cold brew coffee. "Cold brew" is coffee that is brewed using cold water, rather than hot.
Here are the top 5 reasons to try cold brew coffee this summer, plus some tips on how to make the most of it.
- It's refreshing: Cold brew coffee is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day.
- It has a smooth flavor: Because it is less acidic, cold brew coffee has a smoother flavor than regular coffee.
- It's more caffeinated: If you're looking for a coffee that will give you a little extra boost, cold brew coffee is for you.
- It's versatile: Cold brew coffee can be enjoyed on its own or used in a variety of recipes, and can be made in any size batch.
- It's easy to make: Cold brew coffee is very easy to make at home. Just follow these simple steps:
• Put coarsely-ground beans into a large container (e.g. travel tumbler, cold brew container, etc.). Coarse grounds are important - it prevents the water from getting cloudy!
• In a 4:1 water-to-grounds ratio (4 times the amount of water than the amount of grounds you used), gently pour in cold, filtered water
• Delicately stir until all grounds are wet, then cover the container with a lid
• Let the coffee sit at room temperature for at least 12 hours. Between 12 and 24 hours, remove the grounds (timing dependent upon a taste test and removing the grounds when it's brewed to your desire).
• Chill in the refrigerator Now that you know the top reasons to try cold brew coffee this summer, here are some tips on how to make the most of it.
Get creative: There are a variety of ways to enjoy cold brew coffee. Try it on its own, or use it as the base for a coffee frappe, iced latte, or coffee popsicle.
Make it ahead of time: Cold brew coffee is the perfect make-ahead drink for busy mornings or hot summer days. Simply make a batch ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to two weeks. So what are you waiting for? Give cold brew coffee a try this summer! You might just find that it's your new favorite way to enjoy coffee.
How do you like to drink your cold brew coffee? Let us know by leaving a comment below! If you're looking for more coffee-related content, be sure to check out our other blog post, Top Tips for Making the Perfect Cup of Coffee.
Happy summer coffee drinking!